Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mozzarella-Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Glaze

I haven't actually cooked anything in quite awhile, and on Saturday I decided I was sick of eating bullshit food.

I found this recipe a few days ago, but I think I've seen it on other's blogs before. I tweaked it some by adding a french bun to the mix (I felt like carbs. Sue me.).

Mozzarella-Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Glaze

Serves 4.
Ingredients:
Burger:
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup balsamic vinegar

Bruschetta mixture:
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. In a large bowl combine turkey, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.

2.  Line a peanut butter jar lid with foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the turkey mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of turkey. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.

3. Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium heat. (I used my Foreman grill)


4. For Bruschetta: combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.

5. For Balsamic Glaze: heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.

6. Top grilled burgers with Bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze. 

Picture taken with my phone. Not the best quality, but you get the idea. It was delicious!

My boy dog, Brady, was so freaking persistent about me getting out of bed early this morning. Finally after two hours of being pawed at, I rolled out of bed at 8:45. I went to bed at 10:00 last night. It was awesome! I haven't had a weekend of doing nothing in a long time so it was well-deserved.

Hope you all had a great weekend- it sucks they fly-by so quickly.

4 Comments:

Sherry said...

WOW - you are an amazing chef! You should cook more often! I am glad you got to rest this weekend. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks really good. Easy, too. Thanks for sharing :)

That looks awesome - love the look of the burgers and toppings - yum!

Liz B said...

Yummy! Im jealous of your cooking skillz! I tried to bake some chicken last night and had to ask my husband at least ten questions pertaining to the subject.(What pan do I use, what temp do I put the oven on, how long does it need to stay in there, should I flip them, how do I know its done, etc...)

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive