I found this recipe a few days ago, but I think I've seen it on other's blogs before. I tweaked it some by adding a french bun to the mix (I felt like carbs. Sue me.).
Mozzarella-Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic GlazeServes 4.
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup balsamic vinegar
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl combine turkey, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
2. Line a peanut butter jar lid with foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the turkey mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of turkey. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.
3. Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium heat. (I used my Foreman grill)
4. For Bruschetta: combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
5. For Balsamic Glaze: heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.
6. Top grilled burgers with Bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
My boy dog, Brady, was so freaking persistent about me getting out of bed early this morning. Finally after two hours of being pawed at, I rolled out of bed at 8:45. I went to bed at 10:00 last night. It was awesome! I haven't had a weekend of doing nothing in a long time so it was well-deserved.
Hope you all had a great weekend- it sucks they fly-by so quickly.