Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Southern state of mind...

I have officially left DC - officially finished with my intern training and can now start my "real" job.  It's so bittersweet. I miss the area around my DC apartment, how convenient it was to EVERYTHING (especially work!).  But I also loved how *I* didn't have to pay for it every month and if I ha to live in DC I'd be broke - #1. Because of my shopping obsession. #2. Just damn expensive there.  I'm currently nestled up in a hotel in Knoxville, TN and I can definitely tell I'm back in the South.  I missed it so :-)  Everything is different - and only few people can pick-up on the differences between the two places. Takes a trained eye ;-)

So, just wanted to write an update - I will be back on the blogging horse full-force once I get settled into my new house in Alabama!  I want to share photos (before and after) of the hard work I forsee myself putting into the house (In case you're wondering, I close Tuesday, November 10th!)

Workout/Fitness update: Non-existent.  The last few weeks in DC have made me such a slacker! Getting per diem money makes it so difficult to turn down good food and quality time with friends, and personally I don't want to count every single calorie ALL the time - don't get me wrong - When I'm on it, I am ON IT and don't budge from my healthy eating, but DC was a once in a lifetime thing for me. May as well enjoy the food and restaurants I don't have down here...

But I can't wait to enjoy my fish, brown rice and broccoli again - I just feel so much better when I eat right.

So, what's new with everyone? I feel SO out of the loop with all of your blogs. I need to go read, read, read them!


3 Comments:

hooray you're back! can't wait to spend the holidays with you :)

xoox

kHm

I'm from Knoxville, and I hope you're loving it as much as I do!

GreenGal said...

What a cute blog! I know what you mean about getting back to the South... there's nothing like it :)

How are you doing with P90X? I haven't started yet... I have been super excited but super intimidated by it.

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive