Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 1 of P90X (FINALLY!): Chest and Back + Ab Ripper

FINALLY, started P90X after having it collect dust on the coffee table for a few weeks. Here is my Day 1 overview.

I don't know, seriously, how any woman can get do P90X's Chest and Back DVD.  I sure as hell couldn't do all of the moves.  The workout itself was fine, but besides the pull-ups (waiting for my pull-up bar to get here in the mail) and push-ups, there were only a few other moves in the workout. What??  I cannot do a push-up. A REAL one.  I can only do so many on my knees at that, and in the DVD you do two "rotations" of about 3 or 4 different push-up variations. Ugh. Really?? Really.

Upper body strength is not my forte', so I wasn't that surprised, but for most of the DVD I just stood around.  Sure, I would get down and do as many wimp push-ups as I could, but I felt like my precious workout time was wasted.  I think from now on when this DVD comes up in the rotation of workout discs, I'll incorporate a run or 45 minutes on the elliptical.  The Ab Ripper DVD was, of course, a good workout.  Ab work is always a challenge. 

Tomorrow is Plyometrics--I have high hopes for this one.  Hoping it really gets me gasping for breathe.  haha Yes, I'm serious! I love the burn.

Otherwise, my eating was great today--trying to get back into the swing of things, and so far so good.  Excluding the teeny fact that I'm now craving cake and/or cookie batter with chocolate chips. BAH!! Funny, I didn't have this craving until "COULDN'T" have it. Go figure, right? Guess it also doesn't help I'm watching the history of chocolate on television. :-)

My time here in DC is winding down.  I think the count is 6 weeks, 2 days. Please don't get me wrong.  I like DC, getting great work experience here, but I miss Alabama, and I'm ready to settle down and unpack my LIFE! (For a few years anyway) I've been living out of a suitcase (or two) for 4.5 months now.  Strange way of life.  Brady (my Chihuahua) and I are ready to move into our new house :-)  Did I tell you guys I will be a first-time home buyer come November?? All I can do is daydream and decorate the house in my head--I know exactly how I want to decorate (minus the guest bedroom...ANY IDEAS? Colors, decor, etc? Would love to hear what you guys think.)

Here are a few photos of the house.  3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1 car garage.  I didn't get photos of the upstairs. Those and more will come in a few months!

Empty living room/Front Door


Little Backyard perfect for Brady and friends. Seller is putting up a privacy fence! WOO

Kitchen-- Paint is needed. Yellow, gotta gooooo


Living room.  The seller furniture. Mine will be awesome ;-)


Finally, the front :-) PERFECT.


Have a great Sunday evening and an even better MONDAY MORNING!!




5 Comments:

congratulations on the home! how much fun is it going to be to mentally decorate your new place?!

keep on kickin' rear with those workouts too! a fabulous way to feel like you've got control over your life!

you rock!

xoox

kHm

Big Pissy said...

Congrats on that adorable house! You and Brady will be so happy there! :)

I've heard a lot of good things about P90X (hope I typed that right). I'm too chicken to try it. LOL

Hope it works for you! :)

Brittney said...

How exciting about your first home!

Christina said...

I love the P90X workouts! Plyo is one of my favorites. You will definitely see a difference in your body.

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive