Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy (day late) birthday, Chi Omega!

I felt the urge to wish my sorority a Happy Birthday! :-) It was yesterday, April 5.

Chi Omega, the best fraternal organization for women in the world. Of course I'm completely bias because I am an alumna. April 5 is the organization's Eleusain or birthday. It was founded on the campus of the University or Arkansas, Fayettville in 1895 by four very special women. Along with Dr. Charles Richardson (a Kappa Sigma fraternity man who helped to organize Chi Omega) Ina Mae Boles, Alice Carey Simonds, Jean Vincenheller and Jobelle Holcombe.

(Can you find me?? :-))

I was a member of Iota Kappa chapter in college. I joined my freshman year and it was probably the most wonderful thing I could have done for myself. I'm so PROUD to be a Chi Omega and Greek. Sometimes the Greek system isn't what most people think it to be. it was a wonderful time and gave me great opportunities. I love being out and about and someone coming up to me and doing out "secret" hello. It's just a bond you can't just HAVE with everyone.

I feel that it's the things that are public such as our values of friendship, career development, community service, scholarship, campus activities, and high standards of personnel are the most important when explaining what makes us different and why Chi Omega is so special to members. A very special writing called the Chi Omega symphony was written by Ethel Switzer Howard on the night of her initiation. Its an absolutley beautiful work of art. This is what all Chi Omegas strive to be and live everyday.
I give you The Chi Omega Symphony:

Tis all! Happy Birthday Chi Omega!!! :-)

7 Comments:

k, i just have to say, I LOVE your blog! I stumbed upon it from Risotto Diaries & i had to say hi!

Nerd Girl said...

i usually put the egg whites in a bowl and put them in the microwave for about 2 minutes...then if it needs more cooking i just do 30 second increments but 2 min. usually does the trick. HOWEVER...if you add spinach or something in them..they might take a little longer to cook. But they actually come out really fluffy in the microwave they are really good!

Anonymous said...

just found your blog and cant wait to read more!

Big Pissy said...

Just wanted to say "hi"! :)

my sister is a fanatic chi o. and my aunt. i thought she was going to kill me when I didn't go chi o (i was a kappa). She really wanted me to at least go to pref night there to see the ritual but I went where I knew I would be happiest. and knew she would drive up 5 hours and put a lot of pressure on me on pref night!

I love the picture you posted a few days ago of Brady looking longingly at your plate of food! My baby is the same way!

Anonymous said...

i think you will love it!!!

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive