Monday, March 23, 2009

Kick Butt Monday workout

I just finished an EXCELLENT workout. I mean, after a several day hiatus, it was good to me!

As I told you guys, I want to be able to run the running interval--yeah didn't happen today. Naturally, I knew it wouldn't because my ass needs to work up to running more than one mile without stopping. I made it to the same spot as before: 6 mph for 5 minutes. Then stopped. It's hard for me to go for 5 minutes at 6 and then only down to 5.5. Yikes. This interval also slowed down my time. I can run faster on my own time then with this, but maybe it's only because I stop and adjust a lot. TEE HEE.

So, anyway--after I knew I couldn't make it I just made a contingency plan right there on the sport and started to play songs that make me wanna dance, dance, dance and ran everytime the chorus played. The sings for today were:

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
Paramore - Misery Business

Yes, repeated. LOL

Thanks, FitLizzio for reminding me how fun (and kick ass) this is to do during runs :-)

After the run I did a little strength training:

Incline bicep curls: 3 sets of 12 reps with 12 lbs
Incline Chest Fly: 3 sets of 12 reps with 12s
Tricep kickbacks: 2 sets of 16 with 12s
Tricep Dips on bench: 3 sets of 10, alternating full dips with halfways
Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 12 with 8s (Someone stole the 10s from our apartment complex gym. Dummys.)

I'm now enjoying a Strawberry protein shake, happy about my progress for today. If I keep this up I know I'll see some major pound melting.

1 Comments:

Nerd Girl said...

ah thanks for the shout out!! :-) Sounds like a great workout! You will be able to run that interval workout soon just keep at it! I was always so surprised at how quickly people can adapt to running. If going down to 5.5 isn't enough of a break after the 6, try going down to like 4.5 or 5 a few times and see if you can get through the rest of it...and then eventually you can start bumping that up until your at 5.5mph. Either way your doing awesome!

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive