Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets

I love eggs, egg whites and broccoli...This recipe is right up my alley!

Recently I discovered skinnytaste.com, blogged by Gina. I must have been living under a rock! Her recipes are So amazing and healthy- I must have printed about 35 for my recipe book.

I made these babies last night. They came out SO delicious! Mini omelets for on-the-go. So, instead of my usualy two boiled eggs, I think I may slip these into my breakfasts this week. YUM! (And I never say the word "yum.")

Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets
Servings: Makes 9 cupcakes Old Points: 2 pts each • Points+: 2 pts each
Calories: 103.9 • Fat: 6.5 g Carbs: 2.7 g • Fiber: 1.2 g Protein: 8.7 g
  • 4 cups broccoli florets
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar
  • 1/4 cup good grated cheese like pecorino romano
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.

When broccoli is cooked, mash into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.

Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.
RAW!! haha
 
Cooked! PERFECT!
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
I'm obsessed with these ALREADY. Did I mention that? Definitely being added to my "Eat This" tab. I feel like this baby encompasses almost everything I need for my low-carb, healthy diet (except my oatmeal).
 
Do you start out the day eating a well-balanced, healthy breakfast?

6 Comments:

Ariana said...

I love skinnytaste! I'm planning to try the hashbrown nests she posted yesterday, really similar to this except they have a potato crust...looks so good, and the perfect on the go breakfast!

Jamie said...

I love Gina's recipes too! I made the "mistake" of making her chicken enchiladas - now that is ALL my fiancé wants to eat! I've gotta get back into eating better, thank you for reminding me about her site!

Nikosmommy said...

These look delish! I'm on a massively low-carb diet and need to lose 10lbs before I leave for Greece in July. I'm so tired of bacon, plain eggs, meat meat meat and cheese. This is great recipe!

REBrown said...

These look delicious and like they'd be really easy to make and take with you in the morning.

Thanks for sharing!

Love her recipes! These are added to my must-make list - thanks! (I even just got this tin a couple of weeks ago!)

Unknown said...

I just discovered skinnytaste too! Sooo many yummy recipes to try out!

Post a Comment

About Jenny



Pinterest
Instagram
Twitter
Youtube
Facebook

That time I interviewed Britney

That time I interviewed Britney
Click the image for video proof

Followers

Recent Instagram Posts

Shop



Get $10 OFF your first NatureBox! LOVE them!

What I'm Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive